Friday, November 27, 2009

Rejected Baby Names: Dave Francis


David is a good name and I know many quality people named David... but how many Davids do you know that become Dave, then at some point someone calls them "Super Dave". Next thing you know Dave is sitting in an old wheelbarrow, being pushed by an older kid, over a jump made of old wooden shipping palettes in the back yard into some sort of debris field.

I remember doing the above when I was a kid and I think I would like to try and discourage this type of behaviour as I would like to spend as little time as necessary taking my kids to the hospital.

2 comments:

CarolineJarvis said...

You would be so lucky to get a kid as tame as a Dave Francis. You're sooooo screwed if it's a boy.

Willy Ashworth said...

Especially if the kid wants to play hockey!!

If he wants to be a goalie?...holy cow you'll have to take out another mortgage on the house!!

Have you priced goalie pads lately? And in ten years when he'll "want them want them want them" they will cost even more.

I'd buy them now,,could save you some bucks, because, truth is girls play hockey as well.

You ARE screwed!!