Sunday, February 20, 2011

Joel's Paper Craft Dragon

Sometime ago a good artist and friend of mine, Joel Duggan drew this awesome dragon. I thought it was pretty cool so I took a stab at making it into a paper craft. This was my first attempt at taking a flat image and sculpting it with paper. I was and still am happy with how he turned out.
In other news, Joel produces a weekly webcomic about dating called Starcrossed and he is co-host of a very entertaining podcast called the Digital Dating Podcast. Both things are really worth taking the time to check out. Your funny bone may just thank you.

It looks like my posts are becoming more regular so I'm going to keep this up and have a new post up every Monday.

Until then see you around.

Update: I am no longer updating this blog as I have moved to my new website cardboardtreehouse.com I'll be adding new paper craft, illustrations, animation, and other offers on the new site. Feel free to pop over and have a look around. Thanks for your interest in my work.

3 comments:

Jared said...

Wow, your paper stuff is awesome. I didn't even know you did stuff like this.

Paton said...

Thanks Jared.
Paper craft is something that I've played with for a while but I'm spending more time on it now. I've got some bigger projects planned so we'll see what happens.

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you like it.

Unknown said...

The sketch drawing is matched with a real object paper model here. Good to see this blog.
dean graziosi